Our Music Program
What We Offer
Experiencing Music -
Music Foundation Course
Age group 5 to 14 years (Piano, Keyboard, Violin & Guitar)
Music Foundation course is very essential & must for all beginners. It is compulsory for all music learners (Kids /Junior / Grade Musicians), Age group 5 to 18 years (Piano, Keyboard, Violin & Guitar)
In core foundation curriculum we have included important elements of music theory and musicianship. In order to get the most out of your musical studies, it is important to know the basics about chords, melodies, rhythms, scales, time keeping, solfege, and how all of these elements come together to create music.
This course will assist you in growing your skills in all these areas. You will use the keyboard, your voice, and interactive practice routines to understand and memorize some fundamental facts about music that you will apply directly to your music pursuits throughout life.
Practical: Basic knowledge of Music, Technical work like Sight Reading, Finger Technique, Scales, arpeggios, chords and other skill enhancing exercises will be taught in every class
Students completing this level will move forward to the next level.
Registration through out the year.
Course Fee : 2500 per month
Course Duration : 6 Months
Registration Fee: 1500
Audition Requirement: Yes
Time/ Duration: 1 hours session/ once a week.
Its a compulsary for Junior / Grade Musicians
Discovering Music - KinderMusik
Basic Program for Children. Age Group between 5 to 8 years
Music is fun for a new beginner’s first class at Urban Raga as our teaching techniques is customized to suit your child’s need.
Popular choices at this stage include Piano, Keyboard, Guitar and Singing.
Course Content : Our kinder musicians will explore many of the basic elements of music and the piano in this lively and enjoyable course: developing rhythm through clapping and counting, This helps to develop each child’s ‘inner ear’ and sight singing skills, which are crucial to all music making.
Course Fees: 2,500/- Monthly.
Session : One Hour
Monthly 4 sessions
Course Duration : 10 months
Registration Fee: 1500 Anually
Activity Fee: depends on participation.
Please call us to know more.
International Certification Program - Music Grade Courses
Growing Together - Certified Course
Subjects : Piano, Electronic Keyboard, Guitar
Certification / Syllabus: International Certification Program by ABRSM, Rock School of Music & London College of Music. Certificates are recognized throughout the world.
Term based program : It is a Term based music program. Also for students who wants to follow syllabus based curriculum. Students can appear for international certification.
Characteristics :- Music graded and diploma qualifications make a distinctive contribution to education in and through music, because of the emphasis placed upon the following combination of characteristics:
• Creative thinking - Compose your thoughts into music
• Practical skills either independent of literacy, or related to it; which includes Practical & Theory as a subject.
• An assessment system equipping candidates with added-value to enhance career routes, educational opportunities and decision-making.
• Enhanced ability in acquiring the personal disciplines and motivation necessary for life-long learning;
• An enduring love, enjoyment and understanding of the performing arts, from the perspective of both participants and audience
Accereditation - Ofqual Accreditation which means The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England. They maintain standards and confidence in qualifications in England and are independent of government
Summary of Music Grade Courses.
Technical Work : 15% - Practical: Technical Pieces, Scales, arpeggios, chords and other skill enhancing exercises.
Performance - 60%. (Lesson Book for selective Subjects. Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Drums, Violin, Voice. - The parameters that measure the 100% completion of a piece is good rhythm, dynamics, tempo, musicality and interpretation (depending on the piece).)
Viva Voce - 7%
Chord Sequence / Accompanying Test - 10%
Assessment done by Examination Board London
Grading - Pass: 65-74% Merit: 75-84% Distinction: 85-100%
Accereditation - Ofqual Accreditation.
Assessment: Exam conducted by Examination Board London, with Grading - Pass: 65-74% Merit: 75-84% Distinction: 85-100%.
Please come and meet Department Head to understand the syllabus.
Schedule/Batch Timing will be decided after you meet the Teacher. We do have weekdays / Weekends batches.
Course Fee (monthly fee) :
Piano: Rs. 3000
Keyboard / Guitar / Violin / Vocal / Drums :- Rs.2500
Registration Fee: 1500
Fee defaulters will not be allowed to appear for exams & performance. Audition Requirement: Yes
Exam Fee as per exam board.
Music for All - Regular Course
Instrument, Vocal (Western /Carnatic /Hindustani) & Percussion (Tabla or Drums).
Our regular courses are unique and flexible, placing emphasis on what each individual student needs in order to develop their technical ability and practical experience as a musician. We always place emphasis on the need to perform and our students gain varied experience in solo performance, session playing, accompaniment skills and playing in a band.
Specialised Courses taught by our Guest Faculty Member.
Audition is must.
Performed in Group Classes.
Lots of Events and Recitals for live on-stage experience.
Registration Fee: 1500
Course Fee : Rs. 2500/- per month.
Time/ Duration: 1 hours session/ once a week. (4 classes a month)
Leisure and hobby courses at Urban Raga
Hands-On Learning for Professional
Our leisure and contemporary courses are for those who is looking for hobby class or a performance oriented curriculum/ course that’s right for you than here is the course for you.
Whether you are looking to develop a new hobby, improve your skills or move to the next level in your career, matches with exam structure you will get your choice at urban raga
We look forward to helping you to attain your learning goals and achieve your potential.
1. Performance oriented contemporary style curriculum.
2. Exciting Repertoire. including popular english songs, tracks that lead to growth of heart, mind & soul.
3. Internationally recognise Curriculum
4. Well trained & expert teachers,
5. Systemised fun learning curriculum based on more than 50 years of research & experience.
6. Supporting Sound source with back track used as playback during classes.
7. Lesson Style - Group classes with personal attention.
8. Planned lesson with minimum learning time.
9. Instrument and Education at one place. No Need to carry your instrument.
1. A course of study based on this Performance as well as structured curriculum. Syllabus is intended to provide: A balanced combination of performing skills and the supporting literacy.
2. Opportunities for learning and assessment that are both creatively challenging and technologically relevant.
3. Opportunities for mastery learning that are structured and directly related to the repertoire published for each grade.
4. Candidates with the basis for study and practice to develop relevant and usable skills and concepts.
Below are the details of admission & fee structure of the school.
1. Please come and meet Department Head to understand the syllabus.
2. Schedule/Batch Timing will be decided after you meet the Teacher. We do have weekdays / Weekends batches.
Fee details :-
One time registration fee as Rs. 1500
Monthly fee :
• Piano: Rs. 3000
• Keyboard / Guitar / Violin / Vocal / Drums :- Rs.2500
• Weekly Once. If you need more classes you can discuss with teacher.
Start your musical journey with Urban Raga today!
Let us cultivate the musician in you.